This brand is all the rage these days, and I myself have been hooked on it for a while now. I have to admit, it didn't break me out and I liked the light feeling with decent coverage. It has a tendency to make me shiny, though I kinda like it... I have a glow. =)
I was planning on trying the Avon version which is called Smooth Minerals. I gotta figure it's similar enough, and it is definitely more affordable. I suppose I'll go ahead and try it, but I'm considering going back to a creamy foundation and regular loose powder... or maybe the smooth minerals powder on top of the cream.
I have a friend who is well educated in skin care, and makeup... in fact teaches theatre makeup at the college level. His opinion of bare minerals is overall very negative. He believes they clog women's pores up. That hasn't really been my experience.
I have another friend who will only use the bare minerals, or some kind of mineral makeup. Like I said... it's all the rage. I'm guilty too, but mom got me hooked up with it and I can't say no to make up!
We'll take this topic up again another day. Perhaps even tomorrow.
A different comparison I would like to make is between Avon's Magix Face Perfector and other face perfectors (like the bare escentuals primer). Others I have tried ALL left a residue. This one has a powdery finish and controls shine, etc. I can't recommend it enough. I LOVE it!!
More tomorrow. Right now I'm tired and need to relax and then get ready for bed. A gal needs her beauty sleep!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment